Friday, October 28, 2016

Interview With Author Tiffany Current




   Halloween is the perfect time to celebrate the paranormal and the release of My Maker's Keeper by author Tiffany Current.  In this interview Tiffany tells us about her new novel and some of the things that went into creating it.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Author Tiffany Current
   I’m an online marketer by day and writer by night. I love watching TV and reading books.  Overall, my life is pretty boring, but I like it that way.

What is the name of your latest book and what inspired it?
   My latest book is called My Maker’s Keeper. I’m a huge vampire fan and a huge YA fan, so I knew I wanted to write something that combined the two. Generally, a lot vampire books involve a human girl falling for a vampire, but I thought it would be fun to flip that concept and have the girl be the vampire.
How would you categorize your book?
   It’s Young Adult and Paranormal Romance.

Introduce us to your series lead protagonist.  What is it about this character that appeals to you as a writer?
   Hannah Clark is the lead in My Maker’s Keeper. She’s an 18-year-old senior in high school who was turned into a vampire against her will. She’s trying to keep that a secret from everyone she knows and loves. What I like about her is that she’s not some damsel in distress. She has real issues that she’s trying to work through in the book, and that’s nice to see.

http://amzn.to/2ff3cIS
Available November 1, 2016
How did the book come to be titled?
   In my book, I wanted to add to the vampire lore that’s out there, so I created this term called a “keeper.” Basically, a keeper is what’s considered a vampire’s offspring. So I used that term coupled with the saying “my brother’s keeper” and got My Maker’s Keeper.

Tell us more about the cover design.  How involved were you with creating the cover?
   I hired a graphic designer for my cover. I wish I could create it myself, but that’s just not my wheelhouse. Basically, I gave him a general idea of what I wanted the cover to look like and the mood I was hoping to create. It only took him a few go rounds to get my vision right.

What types of genres do you read now for pleasure?
   I read a lot of paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and just plain fantasy books.

Do you have any favorite characters, and if so, what is it about them that appeals to you?
   I generally love the dark and troubled male leads in the books. What can I say, I’m a sucker for the bad boy (at least in fiction).

What is next for you?
   I’m writing an urban fantasy novelette. It’s about this cynical and sarcastic woman who doesn’t believe in the supernatural – only to discover she is supernatural and has to team up with a hot guy to rid the world of monsters.


MY MAKER’S KEEPER SYNOPSIS 
   Hannah Clark used to be an ordinary girl. She used to be a lot of things. Until she was bitten.
   Five months ago, Hannah woke up in the middle of the woods as a vampire. She didn’t know how it happened or who turned her. She just knew she wasn’t safe in her hometown anymore.
   Fort Wayne was supposed to be her fresh start. Her chance to finish high school without any other incidents. But then she met Jackson. Their attraction was instant and awakened something deep inside of her. Her thirst for blood.
   Things only got worse when her maker, Lucas, came to town. He might have been sexy, but he was one dangerous vampire. And if Hannah wanted to keep Jackson safe, she had to protect him from Lucas’ ravenous ways. Even though she found herself excited by them.
   But Lucas wasn’t there for her. Something sinister was happening in town. Vampires were going missing, and if Hannah didn’t want to be next, she had to work with Lucas to solve the mystery. But could she trust him? Or should she trust Jackson? She had to make a choice—and her life might just depend on it.

You can find Tiffany Current and her book at the following places:
Twitter:   @TiffanyCurrent

Website:  www.TiffanyCurrent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment